Re: [OM] OT: A great day back at work

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: A great day back at work
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:06:27 +0000
:-)

It's a Grob 115e, Bill; it's called a Tutor in the RAF.  Here's another shot:

http://www.ulas.org.uk/whatdoes/whatdoes-page.htm

Look at the bottom of the page; in fact XY is the aircraft that I was flying
today.

There is a glass cockpit version, but we teach flying at an elementary level
and analogue instruments are important to introduce the student to the various
parts of flying.  I hate to hear myself thinking this as I would like to fly
with more modern displays, but it's not for me . . .

Chris