Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tourists see

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tourists see
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:13:04 -0500
Depends on what's meant by "safe".  A steak may have bacteria but it's
on the outside and easily killed by simply searing the meat.  Hamburger
has those same outside bacteria mixed up inside during the grinding
process where they are also put into a better growing medium.  But
eating hamburger is perfectly safe as long as you cook it well.  It's
not suitable for eating rare... unless you grind it yourself.

I've been eating hamburger for most of my 67 years.  As far as I know it
has never made me sick.  But I also don't care much for very rare beef.

Chuck Norcutt