Re: [OM] Might be of interest to Olympus list EP 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Might be of interest to Olympus list EP 2
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:39:14 +1100
Apparently the Exakta line became progressively worse as the forces of darkness
slowly exerted control over what had been a strangely independent maker in East
Germany. Anything from the '50's was built like a tank with beautifully
engraved front panels (like both of mine) and weighs a ton. After that came a
slow decline in quality until by the early '70's, they were the same old
EastBloc junk with M42 mounts.
Hard to use the Varex because it is a left-handed camera. Wind is on the left,
trigger on the left front, transport from right to left and you have to adjust
the focus with your right. Really, really weird.
I've picked up a few extra accessories (another prism, another split screen)
but can't find lens caps anywhere so if anyone has Exakta rear caps, body caps
or ZeissMeyer/Schact 49mm front caps I'd love to hear from you. That's bayonet,
not screw.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx