Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tourists see

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/12/2010: the Puerto Rico that few tourists see
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:02:05 +1100
I'm preparing a list of inorganic foods at the moment.
So far it's a short list - salt (NaCl)
Can't think of any others.

I know lots of people who've been mildly poisoned by 'organic' foods, fresh
produce, etc. Organic eggs may be contaminated with Salmonella - they're not
somehow divinely protected because the chickens ate well. I have friends with
an oyster lease. They irradiate with UV light because they'd really rather not
poison anyone. After all, oysters are filter feeders. We had an organic soya
milk contamination problem here recently. As for raw milk - I love it but only
in countries that innoculate their cows (unlike the UK).

Just because it's been labelled organic, doesn't mean its healthy.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx