Re: [OM] Might be of interest to Olympus list EP 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Might be of interest to Olympus list EP 2
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:34:15 -0600
Chuck,

I just took out the Exa, removed the lens, opened the back, and tried to
determine exactly what happens when the shutter actuates.  Even at 1/25 it
is not easy to see.  On Bulb, it is a little easier.  Everything moves in
the vertical direction.  The mirror flips up, leaving a direct path from the
lens to the film plane.  When the exposure is completed, a curved metal
curtain rotates up to close the light path.  It is not brought up by the
mirror, as Andrew thought, but operates on its own, based on the shutter
speed selected.  When the shutter is rewound, the mirror-curtain assembly is
rotated downward to place the mirror in position for the next shot.  I hope
this helps.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA