Re: [OM] OT CMS and suchlike

Subject: Re: [OM] OT CMS and suchlike
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:10:33 -0800
> From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm in the process of having a re-think about PHP, MySQL, and CMS...
>
> The site which hosts brianswale.com for me is Cyber ultra of Singapore.
> They include in their services a host of programs...
>
> No Silverstripe CMS yet though.

You sound like a "get down and do it" sort of guy!

Perhaps too big a jump at this stage, but have you considered hosting your own
webserver? All you really need is someone's discarded PC (low-traffic serving
doesn't take a lot of horsepower.) and a copy of Linux of your choice.

Then you have complete control. You can download as many free CMS's as you
like, and try them out. You're not stuck with whatever your provider supplies.