Re: [OM] What's wrong with this flash

Subject: Re: [OM] What's wrong with this flash
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:13:54 -0800 (PST)
JH is correct, the FL40 was only fully ttl compatible up to the E10, they say
something vague in literature after that indicating it does not work in full
ttl mode.  The FL50 replaced the 40 and that is ttl compatible with newer
E-series (I don't know about very latest models)

However, it is a well designed efficient flash, using power saving igfet switch
in place of scr, which works very well in auto mode (non-ttl) so is compatible
with any camera in that mode. My guess is the zoom head may still work
automatically with later cameras too.

It works very well in manual, as it has numerous manual power settings, making
it excellent as a slave for fill use. I have a number I aquired inexpensively
and they have been really reliable in auto/manual modes.

It is also compatible with many of the p/s olympus cameras.

Tim Hughes