Re: [OM] Question for those who switched to digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for those who switched to digital
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:03:59 -0500
Hi Ken!

Well, let me tell you what happened to me:  About 1-2 years ago I fell madly
in love with the OM system and in very short time (if you recall) I
accumulated quite a bit of gear.  My plan was to use it for my stereo (3d)
photography.

But, around the same time, the new Fuji 3d camera came along.  This was the
introduction to digital for me.  I found myself using film less and less.  A
couple of months ago I got a pair of Panasonic TZ10 cameras wired so I can
use them together for 3D.

Then, just last month I started looking into better models.  That's when I
bumped into the micro 4/3 system.  I ended up buying a Panasonic GF1 (sorry
guys!!), then another one. And then OM adapters, so now my beloved OM lenses
can be used in these cameras.

As you said, I realized that the wide angle lenses are of reduced interest,
but the lightweight 50mm lens will make a nice, fast, compact medium
telephoto lens.  And the longer lenses will  make even longer lenses, which
is fine for me, since I have interests in astronomy, nature photography,
etc.

So, basically, I should keep at least a pair of the 50, 100, 200 and 300
(this lens is a beast!) and sell the rest.  That's going to be one huge
sale!  I also always had an interest in macro so I will keep the macro stuff
too.

I don't think I will use film again, so the cameras have little use to me.
But I will keep at least one OM-1.  In my mind, this is a wonderful camera.
Such a classic!

How about the flashes?  Other than one or two basic units and the huge one
(I forget now the model no), is there a reason to keep the expensive OM
macro flash systems?

George