[OM] (OT) PHP

Subject: [OM] (OT) PHP
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:49:19 +1300
I have a question for those who use PHP.

Background: when I write html pages I start with a copy of the page I write,
saved on my desktop computer. I can run it any time I like on the computer,
provided all the required files to be accessed are either in the same directory
as the html file, or properly addressed from it.

When the file is constructed and performing to my satisfaction, I upload it
and all associated files to my ISP's server, in the appropriate directories .

So I always have a tested copy of every html file on my computer.

Now I want to write HTML files with PHP code embedded in them. This is a
standard practice. And I want to be able to test them on my computer, as for
regular html files.

PHP is not "finding" my html files with php in them.

It's unclear from my "PHP for Dummies" book, whether or not I have to
install a PHP server on my machine. I don't see why I should have to; but
maybe I don't understand their language.

All advice appreciated.

Brian Swale.