Re: [OM] CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada

Subject: Re: [OM] CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:59:15 -0800
> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I tried to use Firefox off a Mac to do mine from home, and it told me I
> needed to install Java something-or-other and did I want to download and
> install.

If you keep up with Software Update, I think the app that told you that is
broken. Apple comes with Java built-in.

> I said sure 'cause I've had this happen before. Problem was, the Java app was
> for Windows, not Mac.

Yea, right. Java was supposed to be the platform-independent solution! So much
for that.

> So if I want to do my time card from home, I have to fire up the Windows
> machine and use Firefox or Explorer.

It's really a pity, but I find that the biggest supporter of the Microsoft
hegemony is not business nor industry, but the very government who prosecuted
them for abusing their monopoly position. My spouse is a bookkeeper who does
almost everything on a Mac, but she has to use Winblows to connect with the
State of Oregon to calculate state payroll taxes.