Re: [OM] sorry should have been vosonic vp8870

Subject: Re: [OM] sorry should have been vosonic vp8870
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:19:10 +0100
This will be my last such trip, future adventures will be with the
family in the land rover and up until now when using the car I have also
taken the laptop with external drive.

I have a libretto U105 which I could use but that means carrying an
external drive, I have also the option of borrowing a cowon but again
that has only 60gb drive. It would be nice to see the images but in
reality I probably won't have time and could use the camera for that. It
is also unlikely I would use it again because of the first sentence, my
commute to work is too short and I rarely travel alone to use the
multimedia capability.

I could just buy loads of CF cards but that also seems expensive and
again I wouldn't use them after the trip although I suppose I could sell
them (which I could also do with the vosonic.

The product is real but maybe its sold only  in europe, camera shops in
switzerland can order it and storagedepot.co.uk have it on offer at the
moment, they also have the 2300.

It seems the main considerations are transfer from card to device and
also battery life while doing such transfers.

Although travelling by motorcycle we don't have to carry all of our gear
with us as that transported to the next camp (well ok luxury hotel) ,
but they have asked us to keep size and weight to reasonable levels, of
course there is the risk of theft to consider but I am told this is
quite low, the risk of failure is also really an inconvienience as I am
not a pro selling the images.

pondering swisspace  who is running out of time.