Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: PHP

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Re: PHP
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:31:20 +1030
On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:24:50AM +0100, manuel viet wrote:

> 3) PHP is an interpreter. As a language, you're correct it can be used
> standalone. But it's so finely tuned at producing web pages that you won't
> likely use it another way than within an apache context. Even when writing
> interactive "web 2.0" sites, you're better off leaving the interactivity part
> to page-embedded javascript.

The definition from an in-house humour page:

A server-side HTML embedded scripting language or CGI. It provides web
developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites
which seem to only ever return:
"403: Forbidden. You do not have permission to access / on this server"

Our PHP programmer at work took this poke most ungraciously :)

davidt