Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale

Subject: Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:06:04 -0500
Wow, that's amazing!!!

I was gone for a day and come back to read this interesting reaction to my
posting.

- "Thumbing my nose" to Andrew's gentle reminder???
- The real reason I am back is to have you bid against one another in my
ebay auctions???
- And, after I sell my stuff I will be gone again?
- I ran afoul of list etiquette a couple of years back?

Where did all of that come about?  No, you are definitely wrong, I am sorry.

- I did not cause any trouble last time I was here.  I disappeared when my
email of many years was discontinued and very slowly I am catching up with
my previous activities.

- I love this list and the lively discussions and very knowledgeable people
here.  I am not planning to go anywhere.  As I said before, this is one of
the most interesting email lists I belong to (and I belong to some 50 email
discussion lists) and there is always something new to be learned here.

- I don't care if you guys bid or not for my stuff.  I thought someone here
might be interested in getting some of that stuff for a good price since I
am not trying to sell anything at unrealistic fixed prices.

- I did not thumb my nose to Andrew, just stated my opinion, as I do now,
again.  They are a lot of out of topic postings in this list, that's a fact.
No, I have no problem with that.  Just an observation.  Mentioning some
interesting Olympus items for sale and generating some discussion is
definitely for me within the scope of the list.  Why is that a breach of
etiquette?  Is this etiquette listed somewhere?

No, I am sorry, I disagree and I am not happy with this reaction.

George