[OM] Hoarding & Varimagni

Subject: [OM] Hoarding & Varimagni
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:44:19 -0500
Every time we are watching the show "Hoarding - Buried Alive" on TV, my wife
is giving me strange looks.  This is a show about people who accumulate
"stuff" pathologically, to the point that it is impossible to live or even
walk into their house.

Somehow my wife thinks that I am one of these people. I don't know where she
got this idea.  It is only the basement that I have taken over. :)  (Oh, and
the garage - we have to park our cars outside :) :))

Out of curiosity I took a quick inventory of the Olympus OM stuff I
accumulated in about 6 months in 2009.  I counted 32 camera bodies, 58
lenses and various accessories.  Among these accessories are 9 Varimagnis.
What was I thinking?  Well, I know what I was thinking. I love the
appearance, simplicity and functionality of the OM system, and I was
thinking that one day I will use all that stuff I was buying.

How many pictures did I take with my newly acquired OM equipment?  Zero.
The plan was to find a way to synchronize the camera bodies and match the
lenses for stereo photography.  This of course takes time, which is
something I do not have much of.  In the meanwhile, the Fuji 3d digital
camera came among and I got started in digital 3d.  For a while, I thought I
would never have any use for the Olympus OM gear, but now the thought that I
can use some of that stuff with digital cameras makes me very happy.

In the meanwhile, I am wondering what I can do with the 9 Varimagnis.  This
is a beautifully engineered piece.  Is there a use for it, other than use it
to look through an Olympus OM camera?

George