Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale

Subject: Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:38:37 -0800
On 1/15/2011 12:47 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Think of it like this George. . .
> That's why almost any list like this (and there are many thousands) almost
> always have a simple rule that you can offer something for a price but you
> don't invite offers

Here you've lost me. I'm pretty sure I've done that when I really didn't know
what something was worth, and made a
couple of sales here that way. I guess I can plead ignorance, as I was ignorant
and no one, buyer or bystander, said
anything about it at the time(s).

> , and that certainly includes encouraging list  members to bid on your
> auctions. No, it's not written down - many rules of diplomacy and etiquette
> are not but that doesn't make them any less real.We mention other auctions we
> see as a friendly 'heads up' but often add that we have no personal
> involvement.
>
> . . . I'm glad to see you back and hope you stick around for a good long
> while.

Moi aussi.
(Which doesn't mean I'm claiming to be an Aussie, heaven forbid. ;-)    )
> So can we all say sorry and just move on now?

Move Along, Nothing To See Here Moose