Re: [OM] Used E1, E-P2

Subject: Re: [OM] Used E1, E-P2
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:33:15 -0600
Ken, I've been seriously considering buying a used E1 and 14-54mm strictly
as a travel outfit for tropical/high theft/poor weather situations.  Only
problem is, for me that's only a half dozen occasions in a year, if that.
 Otherwise, if I'm shooting digital, I'm extremely happy with the E-P2 I
recently acquired to replace a Panasonic GH1.  It and the Panny 20/1.7 are
an amazing combo.  I'm really hoping that Oly announces a 12mm m4/3rds wide
angle this spring to go along with their supposedly new weather-sealed
m4/3rds body.

The Panasonic GH1 is a great camera, especially for video, but lordy those
Panasonic jpegs are a sad mess.  With Olympus, if you nail exposure and WB,
no further processing is necessary.  My opinion, but I don't think I'm the
only person who thinks that.

A recent shot snapshot from the E-P2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooroldpunch/5360061971/

I know it's a great camera/lens combo, because even my wife enjoys using it!

>The used prices on E-1s have dropped quite a bit lately and are below
the threshold of any interest to me as to selling. Besides, mine is
such a "user" that it would be worth peanuts. I'm far better off
keeping it and using it in high-risk situations. It doesn't owe me
anything and it still takes great pictures.

AG