Re: [OM] Nostalgia - Re: 50 Macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Nostalgia - Re: 50 Macros
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:38:31 +1100
I'm still using -Leica Digilux Zoom - 1.3mp, released Feb. 2000
Fujifilm F10 - 6mp - released 2005
That's now 6-11 years.
The Leica is a bit tricky but produces a nice image when you get it right. And
it's a lovely little camera too - a rebadged Fuji. The F10 is a legend.

At the weekend I was out with the 'anoraks' from the camera collectors society.
I was using an M4, an Exakta Varex and an Exa. My friend and his partner (she
shoots IR) brought their daughter, an 8 year old, with her own cheapish
digital. Kid's a natural photog. At one point I came out of the front bar of
The Stag, the kind of pub that hasn't been painted in 40 years, to find her
asking three Harley riding bikers if they could 'snuggle up a bit'. They
obliged cheerfully.
Not sure I'd have dared do that.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx