Re: [OM] Question: OM modified case

Subject: Re: [OM] Question: OM modified case
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:59 -0500
The mounts in the case are likely just camera body lens flanges screwed
onto a plate with holes cut into it.  Either standard spares or perhaps
lifted from dead OM-10s or such.  I once had a plan to make a similar
lens carrying plate for a custom bag of my own.  But like many of my
plans... they just failed to materialize.  :-)

Anyhow, the medium size OM carry case worked pretty much just as well
with its three lens pockets inside.  Much cheaper and ready made.
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/casegroup/compartment_case_m.htm>
  The camera also sits on a shelf above the lenses which keeps it handy
and frees the space under the camera.

This was my standard OM carry case for many years.  Eventually, the faux
leather of the three-lens pouch began to disintegrate and deposit oily
grime on your skin if you touched it.  I solved that problem by having
my sister (who sews commercial stuff like boat canvas and sails) make a
replacement pouch from heavy duty cloth material.  I've had it for years
and it still works well.  Today the case is relegated to carrying four
T32s and assorted cables and connectors for portable outdoor flash.  A
T32 fits nicely into a lens pouch.

Chuck Norcutt