Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT; creatures in Central Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT; creatures in Central Australia
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:21:13 -0600
> It has taken quite a while but there are now
> limited hunts allowed which seem primarily designed to determine the
> extent of the problem.  If you are a biologist or herpetologist you'll
> likely be issued a limited license.  Ordinary Florida Crackers will have
> a tougher time getting a hunting license... for now anyhow.  I think the
> rules are likely to be considerably loosened in the future.

Which makes no sense to me. If you have a problem, the answer is
staring you right in the face. Let the "Ordinary Florida Crackers"
have at it. Make a sport out of it. Competition is good and those guys
are fearless. In three seasons you won't have any big honkin snake
swallowing St. Bernards.

Or, the other solution is to move the population. If southern Florida
becomes inhospitable then the smart people will move. It's like this
con about rising oceans killing billions of people because the coastal
cities will flood 500 years from now. Pleaaaaase. You think lower
manhattan will be a livable place in 500 years anyway?

AG