[OM] Tough H2O camera/housing--suggestions?

Subject: [OM] Tough H2O camera/housing--suggestions?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:55:28 -0500
High Dry Moose writes:

>I have an OtterBox 2500 for the G11. Cheap, tough as nails and
waterproof. The
>G11 fits with room for a neoprene
>battery/card carrier next to it and a couple of microfiber wipe/towels
on top
>of and/or below it.
<http://www.otterbox.com/otterbox-2500-cases/otterbox-2500-cases,default,
sc.html>

Hmm, never thought of that. Have to secure it somehow as I believe we
jump from a ledge into a small deeper pool of H20 from about 10 or 15
feet while canyoning. It could be in for a rough ride. Little digicams
should perish with their boots on, however, not on a shelf, given the
limited half-life.
The Oly 6000 seems to be in the same ballpark as the case for my G-cam
but I bet the price falls off as soon as the new Oly tough series is
out in a few weeks. Thanks very much for thinking about this and
commenting. Thanks to Ralf for commenting too.

Soon to be Low, Wet, Mike