Re: [OM] IMG: My father-in-law with the Texas Leica

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My father-in-law with the Texas Leica
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:52:43 -0600
I am going to go against the flow here. I actually like the original
better, because it places the subject within an environment. This
environment, which is somewhat masked by the blown out highlights as
well as the out-of-focusness, draws me in wanting to study and
understand the setting, but not explore it too deeply. This careful
balancing act of environment and mystery brings me back to the main
subject.

The cropped, processed version dictates the viewing too much. As a
portrait, the Moosified version is better. But in the format of the
informal portrait, I prefer the original.

AG