Re: [OM] Question: Olympus vs. Generic lenses, fixed FL vs zooms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Question: Olympus vs. Generic lenses, fixed FL vs zooms?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:36:06 +1100
That 8mm Zuiko that John H. mentioned is pretty much sealed. Focussing, such as
it is, is achieved by racking the entire lens assembly out. But there is
something really weird going on in the small air space between the tiny rear
doublet and the small third element, which are seated snugly in a tube with
spacer rings.
John - no chance that the third element could be repolished and recoated? Or
does that 'milkiness' go really deep?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx