Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:23:09 +1100
Nope. $750 couriered to my door. No tax or duty on items less than $1000.
Items over $1000 attract a 10% tax plus a brokerage fee of about $75 from FedEx
or whoever.
B&H prices are good, often cheaper than Hong Kong prices.
But tis is a particular example of the way we get gouged.
As I said here recently, If I bought my little Mac Air in the US it would have
cost me $300 less and come out of the same factory door in Guangzhou (?).
Looking a buying a Canon CP800 postcard printer the other day - US price around
$80-100. Aus price is double that.
Evil.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx