Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:53:26 -0500
Right-O, Old Chap! I've been to Jolly Olde, y'know, and I can't recall as how I
was awash in an endless stream of paragons of grammar. One of my favorite
moments with language was talking with the chief historian at Dover Castle. She
was an attractive lady nearing her middle years, and while directing tours, she
wore a uniform. But as Joan and I were leaving the castle grounds at closing,
we encountered her in black dress and high heels. I remarked at how she looked
a bit different, and she allowed as how she'd gotten "all poshed up." She even
wiggled the fingers on a raised hand and said "Cheerio!" as we walked away.

--Bob