Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7

Subject: Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:21:32 +0800
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Olympus had better hit a home run with their rumored 25mm m4/3rds lens,
> because that Panny is a real hum-dinger.  It's made me (temporarily) forget
> about film.

A home run might be difficult.

There's already a :Leica 25/1.4 and a Voigtlander 25/0.95
http://www.cameraquest.com/voigt_m43.htm
Both get good reviews. Where could Oly provide something unique?
A pancake 25? Macro?

On the other hand, there are several Oly 4/3 lenses that, if they
were produced in m43, might be very competitive indeed. The 50/2
macro, 14-35/2 pro zoom and 12-60/2.8-4 consumer zoom are
ones I can think of. Likely there are others.

Also, there are areas not covered well by current offerings. A
good prime in the 10-16 range would be sure to sell.