Re: [OM] Pani 20 on Olympus (maybe E-PL2)

Subject: Re: [OM] Pani 20 on Olympus (maybe E-PL2)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:20:52 +0100
Hi Manuel and all,

From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Well, I just checked mine on the e-p1. I think overall it's a pretty nice
fit.

Here's my Panny 20/1.7 on a friend's E-P1:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuiko21/5408467222/>

BTRW, during this 'lens swap' he experienced a problem with my 20mm:
_sometimes_ the AF would go nuts, hunting all the way to the minimum
distance and refusing to focus at all! I'm talking about clear, "easy"
subjects in bright sunshine, and he had to restart the camera in order to
get it working properly again -- even in the same scene. It could be some
sort of incompatibility between the camera's and lens' firmware -- neither
updated ever.

>- The lens cap is awful, even on the panny body. Looks like a bilboard,
with
>an enormous 'lumix' crossing it.

As you can see in the picture, I quickly replaced the lens cap with a Hoya
HMC UV filter. I have had a few flare problems with it, but I keep it
permanently on the lens! The cap is deeply buried inside the original box...

>- The black/bronze scheme of the lens will certainly neatly match the
overall
>black aspect of the e-p(L)2,

At least my unit is black/grey.

>but the '20' label is off centered on the lens
>barrel at the right of the red mount mark, too big and - sigh - YELLOW !

À la Leica...

But don't keep looking at the camera or lens, look... in front of it --
there's where your pictures are ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)