Re: [OM] (OT) (OM) Use of verbs etc

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) (OM) Use of verbs etc
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 01:11:30 +1300
Bob, in discussing hot type etc and getting a letter published in the NY
Times, reminds me.

Some 9+ years ago I won the Letter of the Week award from The Press
newspaper of Christchurch; perhaps the best daily that New Zealand has.

That won me a French-made Parker pen set, ball-point and nib pens. The
nicest Parker ball-point I've ever owned. They said it was worth $400.
Maybe that *was* the retail price; don't know. But I like it a lot.

The winning letter took me all of 10 minutes to write. A sardonic note about
an activity of our then detested Prime Minister, Helen Clark (without the "e"
for "educated" at the end of her name). She now has a high post at the UN,
set up when it was clear she would lose the last election.

Brian Swale.