[OM] Hot pixel slayer for OM 5Dclassic or II

Subject: [OM] Hot pixel slayer for OM 5Dclassic or II
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 21:48:38 -0500
Developed an irritating hot pixel smack dab in center.  Easy to fix in
post and I think ACR zaps them automagically.  Still irritating to view
the red dot (multi-pixel involvement s/p demosaic. )
David Busch tome on the 5DII says the cams have to go back to Canyon
for remapping. ugh.    Several spots including FM relate this procedure
and the
rumor  is Canyon tries it too at first.  Doesn't always work but did in
my case---GONE.
Advised to take a high ISO shot at 1/2 sec or so with the body cap on.
Not sure that is necessary.

The official, unofficial procedure:  comments to right

1. Ensure fully charged battery (for manual clean)
               Why? not sticking anything towards the sensor--ignored
that.
2. Turn off camera, attach body cap
                       OK
3. Lay facing down (body cap below).
                  Huh?  ignored
4. Turn on, choose sensor cleaning - clean MANUALLY
    OK
5. Wait at least 30 seconds.
                            Substitute say incantation, whatever is
longer.
6. Turn off, turn on, choose manual cleaning again
            ignored
7. Wait 30 seconds.
                               ignored

The hot pixel present for a week is history though.  :-))   Must be
something about the manual clean procedure.

Thought I'd pass it on just in case it is helpful to anyone. It was a
new one for me.  Perhaps I should clean the thing more often.
I guess the 100 ektar equivalent is zapping dust spots from the scan.

No stray red spots, Mike