Re: [OM] pizza, was Re: Oh gawd...

Subject: Re: [OM] pizza, was Re: Oh gawd...
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:52:11 -0800 (PST)
There was a movement to brand pizza like the wines, because of the quality of
food on the American scene (see my previous comment).  If you want to call it
pizza, cook it with genuine Italian ingredients, that was their first and
fundamental rule.

BTW, AFAIK, the Italians refer to Chicago style pizza as we would refer to the
food at fairs in the Midwest and South.  The most flattering comment I ever
heard was from some chef who politely referred to it as "focaccia".

Best

Boris

A local place does a Vegemite pizza and a Nutella pizza. The second might not
be so bad except for the cheese.....
Pizza - culinary rubbish bin of the world.
Andrew Fildes