Re: [OM] A small update on life from my view. XZ-1 is on the way...

Subject: Re: [OM] A small update on life from my view. XZ-1 is on the way...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:48:04 -0800
On 2/5/2011 4:05 AM, Johan Malmström wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I thought that I should chime in and just say hello! . . .

Nice to hear from you how you and your family are doing.

> I have been putting the photography away for a while, mostly because  I'm not
> satisfied with the result I get or rather don't get. I usually have time for
> taking the shoots, but the time for post-processing is just not there. And
> that leads me to not have the inspiration for taking the camera out at all.

When that family stage of life is happening, I think it's natural to find that
there isn't the time for 'serious'
photography. When I had kids, job and so on, I hardly ever took anything other
than family and vacation photos. Then
when the kids started leaving, and especially with retirement, photography came
back for me.

One thing I discovered is that a surprising number of the shots from those
times, mostly only seen in automated prints
or not projected in decades, are a whole lot better than I thought. The 3.5x5
and 4x6 in. prints of those days hid the
virtues of many, many negs. There's a lot of gold still to be mined with my
scanners. Lost of junk too, of course. :-)

So I would encourage you to keep taking lots of pics, and take care of them,
whether preserving the film or keeping the
digital files rolling onto new storage media as they come up. I'm betting you
will have time, and better tools, for post
processing in the future.

Moose