[OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins) [was

Subject: [OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins) [was Critters met on today's outing.]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 22:09:56 -0800
I'm starting to thing we may live in a different world than most people. In the
same way as Siddiq's "don't snow in
SoCal" as refined in definition, it don't snow here, either. Last week we had
great weather and I posted a couple of
images from our day trip to Pt. Reyes NS.

After a bit of rain on the weekend, this week has had almost summery weather
again. The temp here got over 70F today.
Only the angle of the sun and length of day make it seem like winter.

I'm way behind on the list, what with some time consuming non-photography
projects. I have managed to complete a gallery
of images from last week. I think it's a nice mix of subjects, from half inch
wide flowers to big landscapes, high sun
to twilight and my first ever shots of elephant seals and a coyote.

Don't be fooled by the thumbnails of what may seem to be too many sunsets.
There's a coyote in one and sea mist rising
atmospherically up the gullies in a couple of others.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South>

Michael and companion were out in Calif. just after Christmas. Timing didn't
work out to get together - they covered a
LOT of ground in a few days, including Pt Reyes:

"The wind at the lighthouse at Pt. Reyes was so strong that day that at times
we couldn't walk against it. And it
catches a lens hood strongly enough that no Image Stabilization in the world
would work :-( . We did see the elephant
seals in the cove near Chimney Rock, although they're not too close to the
viewing area."

So, Michael, here's what it looks like on a good winter day. Mt. Saint Helena
and Pine Mountain in the distance in this
shot are over 50 miles away. Between fog, rain, flying spray, sea mist, etc.,
there aren't all that many days with that
kind of visibility out there, let alone almost no wind.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2524iam.jpg>

Sunny Moose