Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 5/2/2011: fishmonger

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 5/2/2011: fishmonger
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 09:22:35 -0600
Sorry Chris and Moose, to hear about your experiences.  My only experience
with taking a picture of a strange child started awkwardly but ended well.
 My wife and I were sitting at a small cafe and I had my OM-1.  Was taking a
couple pictures, and a woman and her mother were at an adjacent table, along
with the young granddaughter.  The small girl, (she couldn't have been older
than 5) was playing in front of an ivy covered brick wall--I turned and
snapped a photo without even thinking.  The mom gave me a strange look and
made a comment, but I was with my wife and we had been exchanging
pleasantries with them, so I reassured her that it was a good photo
opportunity.  I was right, and the resulting picture was fantastic--so good,
in fact, that I sent a copy to the grandmother, who declared that it was the
best picture they had ever seen of the girl.

Sadly in our internet age, almost anyone taking a photo of a child is looked
upon with a jaundiced eye.

Message: 56