[OM] (OM) OT Pernicious computer update processes

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Pernicious computer update processes
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 07:46:00 +1300
For some time I have been plagued by process(es) downloading updates
and hogging my limited bandwidth while i have been trying to do other
things. Avast was unable to demonstrate any virus activity.

Using Winpatrol from BillP Studios, I was able to discover a startup program
I had been previously unaware of, and it seemed to be active.
It is nwiz.exe/install from NVidia Corporation (NVIDIA nView Wizard, Version
40.72 ).

Using Winpatrol, I was able to disable the persistent download process, and
I have my computer back again !!  Hooray. And three cheers for Scotty on
Patrol.  A great program.

Brian Swale.