Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:00:43 -0000
Para 42 of the document at Mike's link suggests (to my mind) that the
problem is perceived to be with the GPS units being susceptible to
out-of-band interference, not with the legitimate in-band transmissions of
LightSquared. So it's obviously not a LightSquared problem, probably not
even an FCC problem - it's all the fault of the GPS unit manufacturers and
their lax quality standards. Please note tongue firmly in cheek here.

Perhaps it is the fillip that GLONASS needs - I understand that chipsets are
now becoming available which support both (GPS and GLONASS) systems. Who
would have thought of that? And the FCC as the catalyst!

Piers