[OM] FS - Two nice Russian rangefinders

Subject: [OM] FS - Two nice Russian rangefinders
From: ribec@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:27:22 -0500

 OK, Former Soviet Union.

Two good looking, good working Former Soviet Union rangefinder cameras

An early KIEV 4a with the Jupiter-8M 2/50 in good working condition and a very
Contax-looking Chrome trimmed leather case.

Body serial # 591775 and lens is7560569. Lens has a generic Ukrainian metal cap.

There is some paint loss on the rear and I had rubber cemented an "O" ring
around the viewfinder window to protect my eyeglasses. VF/RF is bright, clear
and contrasty. The leather covering shows the traditional Zeiss bumps.

The brown leather case shows mild wear, and some loose stitching on the bottom,
but is not rotted or dried out. The strap is "iffy."

A lovely ZORKI 1e, also works perfectly.

This model is a clone of an early Barnnack - a Leica II.

So if you always wanted an early Leica, you can't do better than this one.

There are no dings, or dents, and none of the usual heavy scratch lines on the
cylinder of the collapsible I-22 . Covering is excellent, but there are a few
minor chips in the black enamel trim.

Viewfinder is bright and rangefinder has excellent contrast.

Comes with an authentic black plastic Zorki lens cap.

Serial # of the body is 56020397 and the lens is 6006803.

It has a tired and poorly re-stitched leather case
with bad straps, but the camera itself looks like a newish Leica II.

And of course, both cameras have rewind spools.

I will ship both cameras - insured with tracking - anywhere in the CONUS

by Priority Mail on receipt of a USPS Money Order in the amount of $135.00.

Don't want both? How about $85 for either one.

Rick