Re: [OM] Theatre fire photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Theatre fire photos
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:11:16 -0600
On 2/11/11 23:54 : , Jim Nichols wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Considering the circumstances, these are very good images.
>
> Was there much damage to the theatre?
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
> --
>> Sequence shows the progression of the fire up the curtain.
>>
>> *http://tinyurl.com/45wxoym*

Surprisingly not much.  Fire was limited to the house right curtain, and
right after those shots the stage sprinklers went off and put out the
fire.  Firemen said they got most of the smoke cleared out that night.
They were dark on Thursday anyway, so they brought in extra crew to
clean up.  According to the CEO of the theatre who was interviewed on
the Thursday evening news, they were getting the curtain replaced and
the stage dried and cleaned in time for "Riverdance" to load in Friday
morning.  As far as I know, Riverdance went on Friday night as planned.

I'm just amazed at how fast the curtain went up.  It would appear that
someone was a little behind in the fire-retardant treatments.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"The nachos are still good." - Jim Peterik

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard