Re: [OM] la venganza será terrible [revenge will be terrible] - (homenaj

Subject: Re: [OM] la venganza será terrible [revenge will be terrible] - (homenaje a Alejandro Dolina y a Gabriel Rolón - tribute to Alejandro Dolina and to Gabriel Rolón)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:05:35 -0200
Cc: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for commenting, Nathan.

That's the point, exactly: if you listen (or attend) to a Dolina show,
and laugh to tears as most people do, there's no obvious or apparent
connection I could immediately understand, between either the form or
meaning or (mostly) the free associations of thinking - and the name
of their show.

My picture shows an almost sadistic revenge (to name it as properly
sadistic the victim must be a human being, We can discuss this later
if you wish) against a cockroach. That cockroach frightened my
daughter in the middle of the night before, made her scream and bump
his head and fall down. The insect itself was doing nothing different
from what it was expected to do, but the human response after
perceiving it, is not rational. As a common human being, neither was
mine, and after awakening I felt very angry against that very
cockroach, which had already disappeared while I helped my daughter. I
don't kill animals myself, not even jellyfishes and some inoffensive
spiders, but I take my exceptions with mosquitoes, Loxoceles Laeta,
fleas, lice, some species of ants and cockroaches. And dangerous
bacteria, of course.
I found that cockroach yesterday, and felt the irrational impulse of
taking revenge. I know insects don't die if you pin them through
precise points of their anatomy, and so I proceeded.
After doing so, I found the whole scene so much a surreal one
(remember Luis Buñuel in El Perro Andaluz) that I decided to make a
picture of it.

Back to the hidden connection now: the words 'terrible revenge' alone,
is the most obvious and concrete.
But the irrational [Das Unbewusste] is just behind any revenge, be it
terrible or not.

I guess that the connection between my picture and Dolina's witty
humor is the irrational laugh that bursts out during his serious and
truthful speaking, which is meant in the very name of the show (The
Revenge Will Be Terrible) - and the irrational revenge against this
particular cockroach. Both revenge and laugh are incomprehensible
until one theorizes on them, nonetheless both are considered as
normal, until a certain degree.

But this is only my far fetched guess :-)

Since you understand Spanish you can download, if you wish, some of
his shows without having to wait 'till a certain hour. You must do so
at his official site.

<http://www.espectador.com/1v4_historico.php?idZona=294&sts=1>

Hope not to bore or having disgusted anyone here, List.
Take this as an early incursion into Surrealism.

Best,

Fernando