Re: [OM] Zuiko 500/8 mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 500/8 mirror
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:07:13 -0500
Relative to a conventional refracting lens it probably does have reduced
contrast.  But compared to all of its competitors in the Modern Photo
mirror lens tests it's the very best for contrast with 58% at center and
even holds 55% at the edge.  However, it pays the price for that in that
it has the second highest edge falloff at 0.8 stops.  Both effects are
likely caused by using a smaller secondary mirror than the competitors.
  Unfortunately, you can't have your optical cake and eat it too.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt