[OM] Staying alive, staying alive, whoo hoo hoo...

Subject: [OM] Staying alive, staying alive, whoo hoo hoo...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:47:09 -0600
Had a massive meeting yesterday. Been preparing for it for the past
couple of weeks. In case you've been wondering why I've been
distracted lately... Anyway, went extremely well.

It was rather entertaining, though. My boss was there, his boss was
there, his boss was there and his boss was there. And that doesn't
include the two other food chains in the room. (this was the first
time I actually met any of the four people above me including my own
direct boss who is normally two states away).

Be very afraid when the lowest ranking person in the room (me) hits it
off with the highest ranking person in the room and we discover that
our approaches to engineering are the same (but different than
everybody else in the room). Especially, when this person wasn't in my
own food chain but the head honcho in the company we recently merged
with.

Two of us were asked to present an entire business unit and what to do
with it. We didn't suppose to actually make a suggestion--not with the
key decision makers in the room, but our narrative did lead them to
the obvious conclusion. :)

Review time is coming up very soon.

AG