Re: [OM] CF card transfer to PC- why so slow?

Subject: Re: [OM] CF card transfer to PC- why so slow?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:52:00 -0500
You're running at approximately 12 M bits/sec. which is close to the
theoretical max for USB 1.1.  But no USB 1.1 device could go that fast
in practice so you likely have an early USB 2.0 device (in your
computer) with a performance problem.  A USB 2.0 device should be able
to hit 8-30 M *bytes* (not bits).

Your proposed solution is a USB 3.0 device but it's an external device.
  You still need a USB 3.0 device in the computer to make this work.
You need an adapter card to provide a place to plug this in.  Possibly
even a cable too.  I haven't investigated the particulars.

Chuck Norcutt