Re: [OM] Used items

Subject: Re: [OM] Used items
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:41:18 -0600
> I've seen it and a new top and new bottom would destroy the character and
> patina of your old friend.  If you want one that looks new, why not just
> buy one  . . .  probably for less than a new top and bottom would  cost.  No,
> the red lizard is not for sale.  <{B^) Bill  Barber

Bummer, dude!

My OM-2S has achieved an unusual status. As of this month, I've owned
it for 25 years!!! This camera has somewhere around or over 100,000
pictures taken with it and has accompanied me to almost every
significant photographic opportunity in those 25 years.

No, it won't get new duds. It's going to remain the way it is. It
doesn't get used nearly as much as it used to, thanks to digital and
the presence of the OM-4T and OM-3Ti in the bag, but there is NO OTHER
camera that operates like the OM-2S does. It's so intuitive and has
the best single-spot light metering mode in any OM body. It's home to
me--the camera which ALL other cameras are compared to. The OM-2S is a
sweatpants and slippers camera--it's as comfortable and casual as it
gets.

But I might treat it to one final CLA before too long. The ISO dial is
getting flaky again.

The patina on it screams "used" which means that it really isn't
suitable for weddings anymore, but the camera has actually been my
most reliable camera ever. Best of all, the way the OTF flash works on
this specific model is slightly different than the others making it
especially useful for event photography.

Hmm... I wonder how the OM-3Ti would look in Red Lizard skin?

AG