Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuc

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceand is stuck on F8
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:50:45 +0800 (WST)
> > . . . however the biggest casualty was my 35-80/2.8 which seems to be
stuck on F8, I think the rear cap came off and maybe something got twisted
as it bounced in my camera bag.

> Unless the 35-80 is greatly different from other OM lenses, there's a fairly
simply part of the mechanism directly under
> the mount. The area isn't particularly well sealed, so dust, dirt, etc. could
get in. Also, a couple of parts are fairly
> flimsy. I've fixed 2-3 sticky apertures simply by working there.

WATCH OUT for bearings dropping out.

As Moose offers, look under the mount first. The aperture ring for that
lense also uses a couple (or more ?) bearings. I had to dismantle my old
35-80 once when the bearing came out of the track due to loose mount
screws, once I got the bearing back in the right spot the Aperture worked
fine again, and didnt wobble between the front and rear of the lens.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Power corrupts...Absolute Power is kinda neat...