Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere

Subject: Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 07:31:47 -0500
But the point is that you do not "have to" tip anything.  While I
usually do tip 20% I sometimes tip less or even not at all if I am very
dissatisfied with the service.  But, in the case that service was so bad
that I tipped nothing, I would also likely have had a discussion with
the management.  I would also likely have had a discussion with the
management if the food was not up to expectations.  That will usually
elicit an immediate fix or else some price reduction or even a free
meal.  That said, it is sometimes apparent that slow service is due to
shortage of staff.  Perhaps someone is out sick.  I'll cut the staff
plenty of slack if they're clearly trying.

Chuck Norcutt