Re: [OM] Used items

Subject: Re: [OM] Used items
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:08:45 -0600
> that one has an easy solution: just get your first scratch, mourn about it
> for a week and then start using the camera as if "not a museum piece". But
> from experience I have to say the 3Ti is one of the most difficult OM's to
> show any wear (except for the black parts...)

While I agree with you in principle, I'm still less likely to play
whack-a-mole with it. Alas, all is not totally perfect with it. The
film door wasn't latching for some reason. So, I swapped film doors
with the OM-2S and both work correctly now. But this means that my
OM-2S has a beautiful backside, but the OM-3Ti looks a little
out-of-sorts.

I did manage to spend some seriously nice quality time with the OM-3Ti
this weekend. We went for a hike in the state forest land. Two rolls
of B&W film, the 24/2.8, 50/1.4 and 100/2.8 lenses along with a
polarizer and red filter rounded out the supply. Oh and a cellphone
and a wad of TP for emergencies. Other than that, just enjoying the
day.

For cold-weather hiking, the OM-3Ti is easily the bestest/favoritest
camera I have. It's actually gotten a lot of use this winter as it is
my almost exclusive wintertime hiking companion. The E-1 did make it
out a couple of times, but digital doesn't count.

AG