[OM] Big Foot shot

Subject: [OM] Big Foot shot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:47:09 -0500 (EST)
Thanks for looking and commenting Moose and Chris.
One of these days I'll post a macro shot that Moose really likes,
though I appreciate a candid opinion as much as anything.
I'd move the plane of focus slightly too, but looking at my little
notebook it was breezy, so it was more a matter
of serendipity despite everything locked down on a 'pod.  I never did
get a "Plamp" for myself.

I think you are correct about the longer FL and bokeh.  Recalling from
the Nasse article, degree of blur for a distant background is a
direct f(physical size of aperture); thus longer FL has an inherent
advantage.  The background is also more restricted.  But I also believe
and have read
that the "way" the background goes OOF is different and often smoother
than  for shorter FL.

Mike