Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere

Subject: Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:36:30 -0800
On 2/21/2011 2:17 PM, John Hermanson wrote:
> NY City sales tax is up to 8.875% now.

9.75% here at the moment, including a 'temporary' 1% to keep the Golden State
from foundering. Our new/old/old, was
new/young once, Gov. is trying to get it extended by the ballot in June, along
with some other temp taxes. Ever the find
the middle, possible compromise man, he's trying to close the budget deficit
with half spending cuts and half extensions
of existing taxes.

I don't know if he's right or will succeed, but it is a nice change from the
endless stalemate here between the NO taxes
and the NO spending cuts folks who've been giving partisan politics an even
worse than usual face.

The nice :-(   thing is that it's easy to add 10% to the shelf price in my head.

It's a killer on vehicles, as I learned last year. But the legislature, as with
pretty much anything of significance,
and particularly financial, also can't decide to change the rules on out of
state internet sales, so many things I buy
aren't taxed at all. They are obviously insane . . .

Moose