Re: [OM] Liege Guillemins photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Liege Guillemins photos
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:02:04 +0100
Hi Iwert,

Thanks for your thoughts. You, being an architect yourself, are of course
very keen on the usability of the structure.

I did not look at the station with that in mind. I only looked at the beauty
of it's lines and I still think the building itself looks great.

The way the building combines with it's surroundings is horrible, I must
admit. No blending at all, just plain opposites.

While you are talking about wind and rain, I am afraid I must admit that
almost all trainstations I ever visited at drafty places to say the least.
For the rain part I can imagine that Liege Guillemins can be quite wet with
the big open arches on two sides. Beauty and function don't always combine
very well.

Wiliam