Re: [OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins) [

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins) [was Critters met on today's outing.]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:18:27 -0800
On 2/8/2011 5:00 AM, Ian Nichols wrote:
> On 6 February 2011 06:09, Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South>
> I like the last one best.

That seems to be the most liked. I almost didn't take it. It was getting very
dark, and we were on the way out when I
passed it going pretty fast. A few moments of hesitation, then I saw the
subject of the next to last image in my rear
view mirror, and had to turn back.

As long as we had stopped for one subject, it was easy to go back for the
other. I've seen that avenue of trees many
times, including just a few hours before, but always by less dramatic light. It
was actually darker than it would seem
from the finished image: 1.6 sec., ISO 1600, -0.67 EV.

I had only brought along my light tripod, and the setup failed my on longer
exposures. As a proximate result of this
subject and, some long simmering dissatisfactions with the capabilities and
ergonomics of my tripods, yet another one is
on its way here.

> and 2523 needs to be in stereo ;

That's all I need, a new bunch of equipment and technique to acquire and learn.
:-)

But really, it's much more 3D than the original. ;-) The angle of the bright,
direct sunlight was such that I knew the
straight image would be very flat. What I visualized in my mind was pretty much
what the finished image looks like. I
also did a tighter crop, which I rather like too.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Misc/_MG_2523.htm>

Moose