Re: [OM] Chalk Lake B&W again

Subject: Re: [OM] Chalk Lake B&W again
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:28:44 -0600
> Interesting, the difference between one who took it or was there vs. one
> viewing it without that full physical context.
> Chalk Lake is without sound or flowing water - to me. Labeled as a lake, and
> without any visual clues about moving water
> that would make noise, I can't know that. So my reaction is the one a gallery
> or web viewer unfamiliar with the subject
> might well have.
>
> It's from that viewpoint that I chose the tighter crop.

Good perspective, Moose. I will admit that my own personal experience
did bias the crop the way it was by actually having been there. But,
like I said, your crop was similar to my own which was a toss-up. Had
I lived with it for a while longer before posting, I'm sure I would
have gone with the tighter version in the end--but it would have
needed to be a bit larger.  Sometimes, the constraints of 800 pixels
is stiffling. On most computer monitors, this comes in somewhere
around a 5x7" image size. Alas, many pictures demand to be displayed
much larger. I could, but then people like Brian would never be able
to visit my site.

AG