[OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins)

Subject: [OM] IMGs, Pt. Reyes, weather (and especially for Michael Collins)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:05:07 -0500 (EST)
Great job PP--what a transformation!  One can see the real plane of
focus  and where it was manuplulated if the image is
scrutinized, but not viewing normally for enjoyment.  I see FM
mentioned (fondly) even on the DXO forum where I posted a couple
questions.
I recently spotted a deconvolution discussion on LL:

-------
>>Yes Photoshop's SMART SHARPEN is based on deconvolution (but you will
need to choose the "More Accurate" option and the Lens Blur >>kernel
for best results). Same with Camera Raw 6 and Lightroom 3 if you ramp
up the Detail slider."

see for more details:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45038

Say what?  Deconvolution hiding in plain sight??   Is that true?
Perhaps I have been asleep at the switch, but that never was apparent
to me.
It clearly doesn't use many iterations unlike the stand alone utilities
as it is waaaay too fast.

Dconvolution Surprise, Mike

Moose writes:
>> the lovely stump in 2545
>
> Ah, now that is a special case. I took just the one shot, without
paying much
> attention when Carol pointed it out as we
> walked by. AS it turns out, f8 @ 200 mm just didn't give much DOF. So
while
> the flora are in focus, the front of the
> stump is quite fuzzy, which I didn't like. As I had recently acquired
Focus